Monday, July 14, 2008

Will Accepting Christ Save You?

Consider the following.

If the God of the Bible has revealed Himself to be a God that men cannot or will not, by virtue of their fallen nature come to him, so that if we are to be rescued from our fallen nature God must first make us alive spiritually so that we can see our need for redemption.

That being the case, is a person who has "come to Christ" by virtue of a "decision" that they made at an altar call or after hearing some other appeal of one nature or another, truly saved or are they worshiping a god of their own construct in that scripture tells us that in our unregenerate state we are haters of God. That we are spiritually dead and we all know that dead men can't respond to anything, no matter how appealing it is.

If salvation is indeed by grace through faith alone. Then how is it that we must believe or accept Christ to be saved? Doesn't that by extension mean that we would have to do something to be saved if that were the case?

It is a scary thought indeed. Did you make a decision for Christ? Or did Christ make a decision for you? Are you worshiping a god of your own making? Or are you worshiping the god of the Bible that loved his own while they hated him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Randy,
Interesting post. A person can only make this decision if they have first been called. How many times will God call a person (knock at the door of thier heart with conviction from the Holy Spirit) Who knows? Jesus said "Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Jhn 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Jhn 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Jhn 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.
Jhn 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" Notice He said hear my voice and open. Every sheep in the field hears a shepherd's voice but they don't respond, only the one's that belong to him. If my Dad were to call my name in a room of people I would know his voice. Some one else in the room with the same name as I will hear it but not know who is speaking. As for some one just taking it on their own and going to an altar or wanting to try salvation, it won't work. We have many false converts around today. The trend these days seems to be belonging to some group or being associated with this or that lifestyle. I wish it were so, as we, as followers of Christ would be the majority and Hell would have less residents. That's about the best input I have based on my faith in Christ. As for me, he called me. He calls others through you and I and many other ways. He died for us.

In Christ,
Thomas Brown

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.